LOVE MARRIAGE VS ARRANGE MARRIAGE
Marriage is a lifetime partnership between two souls, who come together to celebrate their journey of life with each other happily. In a love marriage, individuals choose their partners by their own choice, they love each other and get married with or without the consent of their parents. Whereas, in arrange marriage, parents and family members decide the future and partners of individuals.
STATISTICS – What Numbers have to Say?
- Recent research conducted by statistic brain published on 7th February 2018, have revealed that over 50% of worldwide marriages are arranged.
- The research revealed that annual 26,250,000 worldwide marriages were arranged -making its percentage 53.25%. This means then global love marriages 46.75% almost making the two methods evenly split.
Also Read:- How To Prepare For Group Discussion Tips
Love marriage is defined as that type of marriage in which the boy or the girl makes the selection of the spouse and where parents do not play many roles in such decision. As far as India is concerned such type of marriage is not readily accepted especially in rural areas, but it has gained grounds in the urban areas. It is contended that parents in making the selection of mates for their son or daughter are often moved by their own wishes and personal desires and neglect the wishes of the mates to be married. They force upon the girl to many one whom she does not like at all or upon the boy whom he may have despised. Every individual whether male or female has very high aspiration and ideologies regarding his/her partner. Their choice is often those who are physically attractive. And often such decisions for future made on these grounds prove to be fatal. They forget natural shortcomings of human relationship and blame parents for naive demands rather than accepting relationship as a permanent framework. Love marriages are love at first sight and divorce at the next. Moreover we only see positive angle of personality but fail to negate nitty gritty problems of the day to day life.
- In an arranged marriage, social obligations can get frustrating at times there is a various restriction and social issue in arrange marriage such that cast system, economic status, dowry etc. but in love marriage, there is no such those type drawbacks.
- Arrange marriage sometimes become compromise but in love marriage, there is no such things are present, but in a love marriage they were in love even before the marriage and hence compromises are less.
- In love marriage, couples become independent because sometimes they get separated due to the jobs which make them learn how to become independent.
- Here a comfort level is already become develop between the two-person which helps them live a better and healthy life
– Both individuals know each other already and mutually decide to spend the whole life with each other.
-Couple is responsible for its choice and onus of the blame in future lies on the couple only and nobody else.
-Couple is aware of each other’s likes and dislikes. Therefore they will get along well.
-Couple can eradicate social evil like dowry with their mutual consent because they have the independence to take such decisions at their own level.
-The culture of the extravagant spending too can be curbed by the understanding between the couple.
The selection of the partners in India is generally made by the parents or by the elders. It is only after there consent that the marriage is settled. They being more experienced and since have gone through the ups and downs of life, parents are better match selectors and evaluate the merits of would be partners. The young boys or the girls are raw hands with new aspirations, desires, thinking, where the degree of viewpoint towards life is less practical. According to the Hindu Law, Marriage is very pure and religious and not mere a contract. Therefore it is necessary for religious duties. It is also a time for family get together and also a great pomp and show with various rituals involved in it. The super hit movie” Hum Apke Hain Kaun” clearly defines this. That is why the divorce cases are less comparative to the West. In arrange marriages traditions are passed down from one generation to another. In such marriage the other family members are always around and willing to chip in to resolve any difference which crop up.
- In arrange marriage people spend more time together to know each other it’s a batter a way to start a new life which will increase the understanding.
- In arrange, marriage tow family comes together and expend more time and they can take care of the new couple. But in love marriage, maximum couples live separately from their family.
- It is easy to adjust with the partner in an arranged marriage as compared to love marriage. This is because in a love marriage things may often be taken for granted.
- Since the partners have never met before, in an arranged marriage, they care more about each other’s needs.
- Arranged marriages help resolves domestic issues faster. There is a sense of fear of losing the partner.
- In love marriage people behave differently after marriage, all the negative part comes after marriage which is very hard to handle for a new couple.
-Arrange Marriage is not a contract between two individuals alone but a confluence of two families.
-Two families involved in arrange marriages know each other very well and are compatible with each other.
-Because there are more people involved in arrange marriage, the conflict between the couple will be effectively resolved or mitigated.
-Couple is guided by parents experience whereas in love marriage couple is unknown about the future complexities in life and lacks this experience.
Love or arrange marriage there should be an understanding between the couple. There is no perfect formula to make a marriage work. Both arranged and love marriages have their own strengths and faults. We have to choose the right one according to the understanding and respect our family.
Also Read:- How To Prepare For Group Discussion Tips